Re: [cpx] - perl 5.8.4

Scott Wiersdorf wrote:

>On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 08:39:24AM +0200, ADNET Ghislain wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>> I s this an idea or does CPX vinstall revert back to perl 5.8.4 even if
>>we have 5.8.6 installed ?
>>

>I've heard reports that CPX and 5.8.6 aren't compatible. You can have
>both simultaneously if you install Perl 5.8.6, then install Perl
>5.8.4. To use 5.8.6, just refernce the full path to it in your
>programs:
>
>    #!/usr/local/bin/perl5.8.6 -w
>    use strict;
>
>Scott

this is really getting messy, upgrading perl then you think ah ! going
to 5.8 then i should go to the stable release ! vinstall perl5.8.6 and
no it breaks... pfeww
nightmare...

perhaps cpx should use the 5.8.4 path for itself if it's only compatible
with it and no other, this should prevent the issue whatever is the
customer config what do you think Scott  ?

ghislain