Re: [cpx] File manager doesn't show symlinks

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 12:14:50PM -0600, Brenden McEwan wrote:

> Subject: [cpx] File manager doesn't show symlinks
>
> Is there any plan to have the file manager show and allow users to access
> symlinks?
>
> Brenden

Brenden,

A symlink for the DA/EU will not be listed if the link target is homed
outside of the user home directory heirarchy... if the symlink target
points to a file that resides within the home directory heirarchy then
the symlink should be listed.  If you have observed an exception to this
behavior, then please, by all means, bring this matter to our attention.

Since the DA/EU file management utilities are "chroot'd" (i.e. access is
restricted to the home directory heirarchy), you can expect that any
symlinks that point to targets not homed in the DA/EU home directory
heirarchy will never be surfaced by CPX (not even in a plain un-href'd
form).

hth.

--rus.

Rus Berrett                                                    NTT/Verio
                 See Perl. See Perl Run. Run Perl, Run!