Re: [cpx] How good is CPX at preserving "non-standard" information?

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 02:45:11PM -0400, Bill Meier wrote:
> If I set some attributes of a user that are different from the defaults,
> say  make his home directory something different, will that cause problems?
>
> I assume CPX isn't going to just go and blow all those changes away...
>
> But, I assume if I edit that user with CPX, I risk having that reset? Or
> will CPX also preserve it in that case?

It might work; we've tried to make the platform authoritative (i.e.,
whatever you set via shell should be honored in CPX for the most
part). I haven't tried setting a different home directory though.

My advice would be to setup a test account and see what happens.

> I have a number of accounts on my old server, where forcing people to
> /home/user doesn't work in their models.

I'd be interested to see what that model is (off-line, si vous plait).

scottw@xxxxxxxxxxxx