Re: [cpx] user-related questions

At 03:23 PM 4/6/2005 +0200, you wrote:

Andy McKell wrote:
Changing Domain Admin

Am I correct in that the only way to change a Domain Administrator is to delete the domain, then re-input it again with the new user? If so, what happens to the deleted domain's other setups meanwhile - logs, home directory, httpd.conf, urchin, etc...?

Multiple Server Admins

I re-used a VPS1 and upgraded it, so now the Server Admin is the previous client's domain. I added a second, "appropriate" Server Admin and that works fine, but how can I remove the original Server Admin or is this a "no-no"?

User www

Can I remove the user "www"? (For some reason it worries my client) Will removing it affect anything?

Andy
Hi Andy,

if i am right a server admin is just a user that is in the wheel group :)

So I can delete it? I thought so, but Support said not. Just wanted to double-check before trashing the server.
;-)

How about changing a Domain Admin?

Andy

PROTEUS - new anti-spam, anti-virus solution
www.proteus.lu

FOCUS Internet Services
Domains, Design, Hosting, Custom Applications, E-Commerce
106 rue de Mersch, L-8181 KOPSTAL, Luxembourg
tel. (+352) 305 197
fax (+352) 305 188
www.focus.lu