RE: [cpx] RE: Conf file poltergeist?

You pick up so much useful intormation on this list -  thanks Steve.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-cpx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-cpx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Steve Yates
Sent: 11 March 2005 18:01
To: cpx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [cpx] RE: Conf file poltergeist?

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:51:08 -0000
"Bob Browning" <bob@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The problem is that it becomes the Servername parameter in the conf
> file, so http://www.client.co.uk/path  gives 'page not found'  I
> suspect because it is trying to find http://client.co.uk/path/

	True, that will happen if Apache tries to reconstruct a URL with
UseCanonicalName turned On (the default).  If you turn that setting Off
(which I think can be done for just this virtual host) it will use the
hostname provided by the browser rather than the ServerName setting.  I
think per previous discussions on the VPS2 list this would break FrontPage
but if they don't use FrontPage it shouldn't be an issue.

	I can't see how you are seeing two domains in your domains list in
CPX, www.client.co.uk AND client.tempdomain.name, as they are both part of
the same virtual host.  Perhaps you should ask support to take a peek?

	All I can say is that after CPX was installed I went in and switched
all the ServerName/ServerAlias combinations to straighten out the domain
names for e-mail purposes, and CPX auto-detected my changes correctly.  (I
made the ServerName "example.com" and the ServerAlias "www.example.com").

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Mood yalp tsum ouy...  Mood yalp tsum ouy....

~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~